LocationCabo San Lucas-Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Deposits or credit/debit card hold authorizations are not requested at check-in. "Minimum age of 18 is required for check-in, an ID/Passport will be requested upon arrival.
Convention Policy : Groups traveling together can book this property for their stay taking advantage of group benefits such as 6th or 11th complimentary guest, Group dinner reservation, One complimentary cocktail hour with a selection of appetizers, One complimentary massage for the group leader, Complimentary room upgrades to the next category, Fruit plate and bottle of wine for the VIP, Private check-in when arriving together, Welcome sign. Applicable with Wedding Collections and Social Packages. Consult terms & conditions.
Spring Break Policies -
1. Student / Spring Breaker Groups (21 years of age or older) will be accepted ONLY at Riu Santa Fé hotel.
2. All Student / Spring Breaker Group reservations are strictly On Request and will be reviewed on a case by case basis by the corresponding Destination Sales Department. RIU Hotels & Resorts reserves the right of admission and may reject any request at its sole discretion.
3. If a Student / Spring Breaker Group is accepted:
a. The number of rooms will be deducted from the contracted allotments
b. Minimum Age requirement: 21 years of age or older.
c. The Hotel may request proof of age in the form of passport or official ID
d. Each room must submit a signed liability agreement upon check-in.
4. At all other RIU properties Student Groups / Spring Breakers (either groups or individuals, regardless of age) are not allowed at any time during the year.
5. Guests disturbing or generating complaints from other guests or hotel may be removed from the property, at their own expense. a. Parties in rooms are not permitted
6. Student / Spring Breaker Groups must comply with any protocols (hotel and government) in place at the time of stay at the hotel.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating10963 reviews
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! I'LL NEVER STAY AGAIN!!
1. missed our flight, upon arrival they kept our reservation, BUT gave away our room to make more money of course! I reserved an upgraded room to be put in a BASIC room. When I advised the front desk, they denied it and the staff sat behind him and LAUGHED! 2. we reserved help with our luggage, for NO ONE TO SHOW UP, the guys were very nice who were assisting others, said NO ONE TOLD THEM about our room to get our bags. THEN the lady at checkout said I had to have the 2nd person there to check out so I had to run back to the room to get her while she was waiting for the employee to get our bags. Other than those rude check in and check out people and no refund for upgrading my room, the rest of the staff are wonderful! 3. Room was in the rear, all the way at the top with a view of the kids pool. Walking to eat or go to the pool was miles away. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!
I really enjoyed my solo stay at the Rio Santa Fe. It was exactly what I was looking for. I was in Los Cabos for extensive dental work. This place was perfect for relaxing after sitting in the dentist chair all day. My check-in was smooth and easy. I received an upgrade and, because of some knee problems. They made sure the room was close to the elevator, and on a lower floor. It was also very close to the pools and the beach. Maid service was excellent. This place is really big. It’s a long way from the beach all the way to the main courtyard where four of the five restaurants are. The grounds are beautiful and well kept and walking through them is pleasant. The food is what’s to be expected at this price point. Everything was fresh, properly prepared, and well presented. No real luxury foods here. So don’t think you’re going to have a gourmet experience. That’s definitely not what this place is about. I really enjoyed the Asian restaurant which is a buffet. And the steak restaurant was decent. The main buffet and the breakfast buffets were very good. Lots of variety. There’s a bar in your room that gets restocked every day. It has beer in the fridge and then bottles of tequila, rum, gin, and vodka in dispensers. I went to three of the four pool bars as well as the sports bar in the main courtyard. All were great , whether I was having a mixed drink or just a shot or a glass of wine, service was excellent and the booze was medium level brand names. The pools were wonderful. All of them are infinity pools, looking out over the Pacific. The famous rock formation, the arch, is prominent on the seascape. There are lots of pleasure craft and cruise ships. Vendors on the beach below the infinity, pool are selling all the standard Mexico touristy crap they sell on every beach in Mexico. Check out was smooth and easy, as was arranging transport back to the airport.
A vacation from hell.
I am at the resort now, rooms 4101 and 4102. We came here on 5/23, and in 2 days I was locked out of the room 3 times. They come to fix it but the same things happen again. I couldn't open the safe on 2nd day. We were supposed to take a tour, but I missed it because we couldn't get my passport and wallet out of the safe. Buffets have the same food daily for lunch and dinner, and the food quality is horrible. We are going to be here for 3 more days, we don't know what else we will face. Also, it's a long walk from the room to the beach.
Let me start by saying if I could give 0 starts I definitely would we're sick from the food and water they're serving The worst experience ever! I asked to speak with a manager about 4 times and guess what! No one even bothered,extremely rude and disrespectful stuff! Everything tasted horrible and disgusting! U ask for water and they look at u like u asked for gold or something! For a place like this that they make money out of customer service! It's absolutely unbelievable how they talk about u assuming u don't understand what they're saying! The website stated that they have free transportation from airport to hotel and back to airport! I talked with 5 different people and got 5 different answers and got not transportation! The customer service is absolutely horrible! I called and asked for extra pillow at 9pm, they called our room back the next day at 6 am asking if I wanted towels!!! Don't waste ur money here and run as fast as u can
Just not the same
We have stayed at the Riu resorts many times, been to Cabo 10-15 times in the last decade. Riu Santa Fe is supposedly renovated. Yes, shower works, with really stinky water. Can't breathe while showering and spitting out water the whole time to be sure you don't swallow it. King size bed is 2 doubles pushed together. REALLY? Food is AWFUL. Fish is turned into hockey pucks, cold food, just gross all the way around. Try to go to Sports bar in am for coffee and all the leftover drunks are so loud you can't enjoy it. Tried to nap one day...maid service was so loud in the hallway, not working, just talking, that a nap was impossible. Finally had to stick head out the door and scream shut up! Apparently loud is the only way to do it at this resort. The people.....younger generations are rude, entitled and LOUD! Very much a party resort for young punks anymore. Cannot sleep due to their obnoxiously loud mouths. Run into you, don't say excuse me, just a sickening younger generation. No regard for anyone but themselves. Not the resorts fault, just a warning. We will not be back to a Riu, ever. Yes, we find food we can eat, but not very much. Yes, we handled the noise, obnoxious kids, but it was a sleepy trip for sure. Seriously more relaxing to talk to the people on the beach selling stuff. That's saying a lot! We stayed at the new Baja California last fall. Had a beach dinner paid for. Didn't get to even go on the beach until the last day. Needless to say, we didn't get that beach dinner, or a refund of the $225 we paid for that beach dinner. Riu is a classless, clueless ripoff. Lastly, not sure why these resorts don't know what a real pillow is! Riu, you are losing the customers that have real money, the older generation. Have fun catering to entitled brats the rest of your existence.