Travel Protection Plus
Your pet became sick? No problem! You can cancel or change your reservation— no change fees! Price gone down since you booked? No worries! United Vacations can guarantee our lowest price on select vacations! Unexpected mishap while on vacation? We've got you covered!
Our Travel Protection Plus helps give you some peace of mind, before and during travel. Cancel or change your vacation at any time, guarantee our lowest price on select vacations, receive during travel coverage and more.
What is Travel Protection Plus?
Pre-Departure Penalty Waiver provided by United Vacations Vacations (non-insurance features)
- Cancel for Any Reason: You may cancel your vacation for ANY reason prior to departure and receive a full refund for your vacation, less the cost of the Travel Protection plan, including, non-refundable airfares booked through United Vacations.* Non-refundable hotel rates are not included. Your refund is made in the original form of payment unless at the time of purchase you elect to receive a portion or all of your refund in the form of United Vacations travel credits**.
- Price Guarantee***: Guarantees the lowest price on the vacation booking! If the price of the hotel on your vacation drops after booking the reservation, just let us know and we'll adjust the reservation to the lower price. Valid on Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii and Central America vacations.
- No Change Fees: Need to make a change? Any United Vacations fees for the FIRST instance are automatically waived with no charge or reactivation fee when there are no supplier change fees. For changes that require a complete cancellation and rebook, the new booking must be finalized within 7 days of the initial cancellation.
- Note to Minnesota, Missouri, and New York residents only: You are not required to purchase the Post-Departure Travel Insurance in order to purchase the Pre-Departure Penalty Waiver. Contact 1-877-538-3815 for details
- Hurricane Travel Credit*^: If a Category One or greater hurricane disrupts a vacation for 24 hours or more, travelers will receive a refund for unused or interrupted vacation nights plus a future vacation discount certificate. Valid for reservations departing June through November.
Travel Credit Policies
- Travel credits are valid for travel commencing within 395 days of original departure date.
- Travel credits are nonrefundable, nontransferable, not redeemable for cash, and must be used by expiration date.
- Travel credits will be issued in the names of the passengers on the original reservation.
Post-Departure Travel Insurance^ Underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- Trip Interruption: Reimburses (up to the total trip cost) unused hotel arrangements plus additional costs to change or purchase a new airline ticket if you can't travel due to circumstances such as illness or injury to you, a family member, or traveling companion, jury duty, subpoena or a traffic accident on the way to the airport.
- Travel Delay: Reimburses you up to $3,000 for expenses such as meals, lodging, and local transportation costs should you be delayed 6 or more hours due to a defined Hazard, such as a Common Carrier Delay or Quarantine (imposed by a physician or government authority).
- Missed Connection: The plan reimburses you up to $500 for unused arrangements and additional transportation should you miss your Cruise or tour departure due to a delay of at least 3 hours to 12 hours of all regularly scheduled flights due to a covered reason, such as adverse weather or Quarantine (imposed by a physician or government authority).
- Emergency Evacuation: Under certain circumstances detailed in the Plan, the Plan can pay for the transportation expenses Incurred to evacuate You to the nearest qualified hospital and/or to return you home.
- Baggage/Personal Property: Reimburses you for baggage or items lost, stolen or damaged during your vacation.
- Medical Expenses: Reimburses medical costs should you incur hospital charges or other medical bills as a result of an illness or injury during your vacation.
- Baggage Delay: Reimburses for the purchase of necessary personal items if your bags are delayed by the airline for 8 hours or longer. The plan covers you for the purchase of necessary items up to $300 in the event your luggage is delayed by a common carrier for more than 8 hours en route to your vacation.
- Travel Accident: Accidental death and dismemberment coverage in the event of loss of life, limb or sight resulting from an injury occurring during Your Trip.
Travel Protection Plus Pricing*
|Travel Protection Plus||Package Value (Per Person)*||13 Years & Older*||12 Years & Younger*|
|Full Travel Credit||Up to $799.99||$69.99||$34.99|
|$800 to $1,499.99||$79.99||$39.99|
|$1,500 to $2,999.99||$104.99||$52.49|
|$3,000 & up||$129.99||$64.99|
|Cash Back||Up to $799.99||$139.99||$69.99|
|$800 to $1,499.99||$184.99||$92.49|
|$1,500 to $2,999.99||$229.99||$114.99|
|$3,000 & up||$284.99||$114.99|
*Price is per person. Valid for of all vacation packages and destinations (except scheduled air only vacations).
Holiday Pricing (departures 12/18-12/30): Add $30.00 per adult ages 13 +; add $15.00 per child 12 and under (maximum $114.99).
How Do You Purchase Travel Protection Plus?
While you are building your vacation, you can select Travel Protection Plus from the Add-Ons menu, or add it during the first step of the check-out process in the Travel Protection section. Travel Protection Plus can only be purchased online during the booking process. To add travel protection after you have made your reservation, call your travel agent or United Vacations customer service at 888-584-3899. Travel Protection Plus may only be added within 7 days of your initial deposit, provided you have not yet made your final payment.
INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW: Benefits on this page are described on a general basis only. There are certain restrictions, exclusions, and limitations that apply to all insurance coverages. This advertisement does not constitute or form any part of the plan description or any other contract of any kind. Plan benefits, limits, and provisions may vary by state jurisdiction. To review full plan details online, go to: www.tripmate.com/wpN430F.
Plan payments are made up of insurance benefits and non-insurance services.
Insurance benefits are underwritten by: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
Non-Insurance Services: are not insurance benefits underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. One Call 24-Hour Assistance Services are provided by: One Call Worldwide Travel Services Network and Global Xpi Medical Records Services are provided by Trip Mate.
Plan Administrator: Trip Mate, Inc. (in CA & UT, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency) 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64114, 1-833-791-2989.
* Canceling or changing their vacation at any time before departure without costly revision fees does not include non-refundable properties. Supplier-imposed fees such as airline/hotel revision penalties will be covered for the first revision instance. If used to cover supplier-imposed fees, Travel Protection Plus will need to be reapplied to the reservation at 75% of the original price in order to maintain the program benefits or the traveler is subject to any subsequent revision or cancel fees.
*** For the Price Guarantee to apply to the hotel portion of the reservation, the price adjustment must be made to the reservation while the lower United Vacations rate is available. Price Guarantee also covers the air portion of exclusive nonstop vacation air vacations.
*^ The Hurricane Travel Credit applies for vacations departing June through November. While in destination, if your United Vacations trip is interrupted for 24 hours or more due to a Category One or greater hurricane, you will receive a refund for unused or interrupted vacation nights plus a "Fresh Start" certificate for a future vacation. "Fresh Start" certificate amounts: $100 per adult, $50 per child for Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flights1 and $25 per person for Scheduled Air Vacations. "Fresh Start" certificates are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash and can be used on a United Vacations Vacation for travel any time (excluding holidays) for one year from the original departure date. A qualifying disruption occurs when your hotel requires you to be displaced from their room for 24 hours or more due to the result of a Category One or greater hurricane and does not apply to hurricane watches, warnings or tropical storms. The Hurricane Travel Credit Plan applies to the nights you are displaced from your hotel if a comparable hotel of equal or greater hotel rating is not provided.
^ The Travel Protection Benefits are underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Affiliated Companies, Columbus, Ohio and administered by Trip Mate Inc., * (*in CA & UT, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency) 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO, 64114, 1-833-791-2989. Non-insurance Services: are not insurance benefits. Generali Global Assistance 24-Hour Assistance Services are provided by: Generali Global Assistance and Global Xpi Medical Records Services are provided by Trip Mate. Benefits on this page are described on general basis only. There are certain restrictions, exclusions and limitations that apply to all insurance coverages and services. This advertisement does not constitute or form any part of the Plan Description or any other contract of any kind. Plan benefits, limits, and provisions may vary by state jurisdiction. To view the full plan details please visit: www.tripmate.com/wpN430F and view your state specific plan document.