Accessbility Statement Skip to Main Content

Passport requirements

When you travel, you are required to provide identification to verify your identity, as well as that of any of your traveling companions. For domestic travel (inside the U.S.), you need to carry a non-expired government-issued photo ID that matches the name on the reservation.

For international travel, for U.S. citizens, acceptable forms of proof of citizenship include:

  • Valid passport (required for all international destinations)
  • Certified state-issued (not hospital-issued) birth certificate and a government-issued photo ID
  • Certified naturalization certificate and a government-issued photo ID

Married or divorced women who travel under any name other than that printed on their documentation must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree (a copy is acceptable). In addition, special requirements apply to children traveling with only one parent or without parents. For some international travel, countries may not permit entry without a valid return ticket and/or visa or other documentation. Please contact the local embassy or consulate for travel requirements and more information. For more details, click passport requirements.

Have questions?

Call us at 1-888-854-3899. You can also find answers to most of your questions by reviewing our Frequently Asked Questions.