Located on 40 spectacular oceanfront acres on famed Kaanapali Beach, the award winning Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa offers unlimited activities and amenities in a setting of tropical luxury. This standout among Maui resorts truly offers something for everyone: half-acre pool with a 150-foot lava tube water slide; sand bottom children's pool; an extensive collection of Asian art; lush landscaping with exotic wildlife; a rooftop astronomy program; tennis; nightly entertainment including; Drums of the Pacific” Polynesian Luau; nine award-winning restaurants and lounges; and of course, Maui’s only oceanfront full-service spa, the magnificent Spa Moana and Moana Athletic Club.
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa has earned Silver Level LEED-EBOM Certification! We are THE FIRST RESORT IN HAWAII to earn the LEED certification for Existing Buildings.
LEED-EBOM differs from traditional LEED certification in that is applies to the operations and maintenance of an existing building. The certification process and evaluation focused on key areas: water and energy conservation and efficiency, waste reduction and diversion from the landfill, and sustainable purchasing.
LocationKaanapali - Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee will be charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out. This fee is not included in your package price and is subject to change.
Resort fee inclusions:
• Two reusable keepsake water bottles, per room, per stay, upon arrival
• Filtered water and ice machines located on every guestroom floor and throughout the resort
• 24 hour access to oceanfront Stay Fit Gym
• Cultural programs including lei making, hula lessons, mermaid story time, wildlife tours, and koi feedings
• Local, 1-800/1-888 phone calls
• In-room coffee and tea
• In-room safe
• Concierge services
• Daily Yoga/fitness classes
• Resort shuttle service in Ka’anapali
• Unlimited daily tennis, pickle ball or basketball court time, tennis/pickle balls, racquets, and basketballs included
• Fresh flower lei Greeting upon arrival
• inkl App: access to current full-content newspapers and magazines viewable on your tablet or smartphone
• Beach Portrait Session and 5x7 print from Grins2Go at Hyatt Regency Maui
• Personalized guest request texting service: TEXT 808 219 0608 for 24 hour assistance
• 25% off non-discounted green fees at Ka’anapali Golf Courses
• 10% discount on all non-sale apparel items at the Ka’anapali Golf Courses Pro Shop
• 24 hour access to pool towels throughout the resort
• Backpack beach chair usage for all guestroom occupants
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed fees may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current fee and inclusions when you check-in. Mandatory hotel-imposed house keeping fees plus tax per unit, per stay based on unit type.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating10036 reviews
They've got Penguins and beautiful grounds and location is very quiet.
Property is lovely. Love the penguins and pool. Check in customer service could be better. Location is very nice. The grounds are quiet and perfect for a serene getaway. There are several birds on property and a beautiful golf course and beach right at your finger tips
Used to be much better…
My 3rd stay at this property. Disappointed. Hotel caters to conventions and forgot their roots. While room was nice and clean, adjoining restaurants sub par, common areas weak, pool area overrun (kids and adults), no real bar/lounge area and very pricey for value received. Will not stay again.
bring a lot of money! Staff was outstanding; great food in the Club room. Close to Lahaina….only 40 minutes from the airport and close to local shopping and the beaches. Definitely a quality hotel with quality staff member! Thanks.
Great for familes!
My husband and I took our 4 year old son here for his first trip to Hawaii and it was great. Location is lovely and the Hyatt has all the best accommodations. We aren't your typical "resort" family, but exceptions are made for The Hyatt Regency in Maui. With the three different pools, beach, great food and comfortable rooms, its hard not to have an enjoyable experience.
Nothing special hotel
Check in was difficult. The day of arrival they had cordoned off the lobby and required check in at the far side of hotel. We were unable to get precise directions causing way too much walking after a 10 hour travel day.