LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention attendees cannot book this property for their convention stay, they must book through the proper convention source. Convention attendees that violate this policy will be responsible for paying any higher rates upon arrival and may not be eligible for any promotional offerings.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed daily resort fee is charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out.
Hotel Mandatory hotel imposed resort fee inclusions:
• Bottled Water: Two complimentary locally-sourced bottles of water per room, per stay. Purified water stations also available in resort lobby
• Fitness Center: Daily access to Fit Waikiki Wellness Center.
• Hawaiian Cultural Classes: Classes includes Queen’s legacy tour, lei making, hula lessons and Hawaiian lessons
• Honolulu Museum of Art: Enjoy complimentary entry for two guests to the Honolulu Museum of Art when you show your guests room key, Reservations are quired by calling 808.532.8700
• In-Room Coffee: Enjoy a selection of signature ‘Alohilani coffee by Hawaiian paradise Coffee and tea from the convenience of your guest room
• Internet Access: Wireless high speed internet access in guest rooms and throughout the resort
• Local Newspaper: Available daily at Guest Services
• Oceanarium Educational Program: Conducted by the ‘Alohilani Oceanarium dive team. See daily event listing for details
• Parking: Pay for Self-Parking and be upgraded to Valet Parking service for the first night of our stay
• Phone Calls: Unlimited local calls and up to 60 minutes long distance/international telephone calls per day
• Portable Phone Charges: Available for use from Guest Services
• Self-service 24-hour workplace: Complimentary boarding pass printing and copying services
• Spa Service Credit: $20.00 per room per stay at Fit Waikiki. Please note spa services must be reserved. Contact 808.921.6171 for reservations.
• Surfboard Storage: Self-serve locking surfboard racks with unlimited use during your stay (subject to availability)
• Tennis Courts: Access to ‘Alohilani’s 9th floor rooftop tennis courts. Tennis equipment available at Fit Waikiki.
• Beach Candy: Guests can select from a wide range of items from Beach Candy store located at Twin Fin hotel located at 2570 Kalakaua Avenue to further enhance their beach and ocean experience. Each night of stay (with a fully paid resort fee) every guest room will receive 3 daily credits that can be applied towards rentals to include: Surfboards, Paddleboards, Beach Chairs, Umbrellas, Beach Toys and more! Guests reserve their rentals using their daily credits upon arrival to the resort. Other activities at Beach Candy such as Fitness Classes, Surf Lessons and more can be booked at an additional cost.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed fees may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current fee and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating2462 reviews
DO NOT STAY HERE. There are so many better options. This place is ridiculous and such a hassle.
DO NOT STAY HERE. They try and nickel and dime you like CRAZY. I’ve never stayed in a hotel like this before and obviously will never stay in this one again. They try and charge you $400 for smoking in the room EVEN IF YOU DON’T SMOKE! We were asleep and then woke up to a text saying they detected smoking with their special smoke alarms. We didn’t do anything at all and yet had to speak with the manager about it for them to waive the fee. The manager handled it well but this policy/system is absurd and disturbing. Then when we spoke to the front desk and they said it can even go off if you blow dry your hair!! So why are we having to fight to remove these fees when just a hair dryer can set it off? They’re faulty devices and just want any excuse to add $400 to your bill. Again, we didn’t even smoke. So if you smoke e-cigs, definitely do not stay here. But then again, they’re going to try and charge you a smoking fee whether you smoke or not! There are so many better spots in the area. This place is really shady and not worth the hassle.
Our trip definately not long enough but would not hesitate to stay again, beds and pillows so comfortable. Room is spacious and enough for 4 of us. From the moment we arrived to when we left staff are always pleasant and helpful.
Staycation at Alohilani Resort
Overall it was not a good experience. Rooms were clean and spacious. Was offered early check in but never got it because rooms were not available yet. Had a terrible experience at the pool with the pool attendant. Pool attendant was rude and unwelcoming to me and my guests. Unfortunately this one interaction ruined our stay here. We will not stay here again.
Excellent family vacation over the Thanksgiving holiday!
We were pleasantly surprised during our stay, especially with some of the negative reviews that are posted. I would prefer to give 3. 5 instead of 3. We booked through Amex Travel and received hotel credit and room upgrades, which included access to the Longboard Club (daily breakfast and happy hour). Downfalls: the bathrooms are tiny and the housekeeping isn’t detailed when they do their “cleaning,” rooms are a little dated, and beach gear is not on-site. However, the upsides: beautiful lobby, excellent service in the Longboard (they went above and beyond to welcome us during our 7-day stay), location was excellent and close to everything, including the onsite shops and restaurants. Overall, it was above average and my family and I had a wonderful vacation despite the downfalls. Extra shoutouts to the entire Longboard staff!
Great Location with great views
Vacationed at the Alohilani in October. The grand lobby and the fish tanks are quite instagram worthy. The location of the hotel is quite central and close to everything. It is right across from the beach, and has lots of amenities. We did the Longboard Experience and we were happy that we did. We received superb service by Micah and Belle during the dinner service. They were so friendly, attentive and helpful. We really appreciated their service quality which made our stay memorable. Other than the some what dated rooms, it was a good experience.