Surfing was cultivated in our backyard and the lifestyle it embodies is central to who we are. Waikiki is famous for its beautiful beaches and we’re steps away from them. But you’ll be just as drawn to the timeless charm and laid-back vibe as the The Twin Fin Hotel welcomes you here.
We’re a retreat. A place to relax and take in the beauty of Waikiki’s iconic sights and rolling swells, from sunrise to sunset. We’re a gathering place to connect with others and share memorable, meaningful moments. We’re a hub for discovering local music, art, and a lasting connection with our island community. And with stunning, front-row views of Waikiki Beach, we’re a place to reflect on the events of the day. And plan the adventures that lie ahead.
LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
General Information - Room taxes are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee – Mandatory hotel-imposed fees are charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out.
Hotel Mandatory hotel imposed resort fee inclusions:
• In-room internet (includes Wi-Fi and wired, up to 4 devices)
• Reef friendly sunscreen lotion, upon request
• Two (2) bottles of water per stay, refillable at our filtered water stations
• Pool Towels for day use
• Daily Cultural Activities. Coming soon.
• Fitness Center, open daily 5:30 am – 10:00 pm for hotel guests with a valid room key.
• Keurig Coffee Maker in room (coffee replenished daily)
• Toll Free, Local Calls and complimentary domestic and international calls
• In-room Safe
• Discounts at Restaurants & Retailers in the hotel
• Beach Candy: Guests can select from a wide range of items from Beach Candy store located at Twin Fin hotel located at 2570 Kalakaua Avenue to further enhance their beach and ocean experience. Each night of stay (with a fully paid resort fee) every guest room will receive 3 daily credits that can be applied towards rentals to include: Surfboards, Paddleboards, Beach Chairs, Umbrellas, Beach Toys and more! Guests reserve their rentals using their daily credits upon arrival to the resort. Other activities at Beach Candy such as Fitness Classes, Surf Lessons and more can be booked at an additional cost.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed fees may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current fee and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating149 reviews
Great hotel in a good location.Great efficient valet service. Nice staff upon check in and check out as well as the cleaning ladies. They have rentals for free like umbrellas. Floating boards etc… I would stay here again this is a very solid hotel.
Perfect location. Efficient, friendly staff.
Had a wonderful time. The location was perfect, literally steps from nice restaurants, shops, and the beach. Our room was tidy and had a beautiful ocean view. The room needed a bit of paint but other than that we were more than satisfied. Staff was friendly and efficient. I plan on staying there next time. I would recommend this property to anyone.
40th anniversary trip through tour company Trafalgar
Very dated hotel. Several in our group found bed bugs in their rooms. The rooms needed serious updating. Breakfasts were just ok. You got your choice of 3 meals. Staff for the breakfasts were awesome. I would not recommend staying there other than it’s within walking distance to the zoo and beach. The mattresses were also horrible.
Standard room but a great location
We stayed at the Twin Fin April 2023. The hotel room is standard but came with many amenities. They provide towels to take with you to the beach. The beach (Waikiki) is right across the street. The particular area of the beach has a break wall so the water is calm. The hotel provides 3 free rentals from Beach Candy (paddle boards, surfboards, chairs, umbrellas, etc.) Tiki's is a bar on the 2nd floor by the pool area with outdoor seating overlooking the street/ocean.
Okay place, cheap if you don't care about how nice the rooms are
The staff was wonderful. The rooms had mold on the walls and looked to have been remodeled by applying new paint improperly. The towels were cheap. The patio door had been repaired by duct tape. Location was great as it was towards the end of the main street away from the popular part of Waikiki but still walking distance to all the shops. The area was very loud with people screaming all hours of the night and honking starting at 5am.