Set along a half-mile stretch of Ka’anapali’s most exclusive beach, golfers, active travelers and honeymooners will enjoy upscale accommodations amidst a welcoming Hawaiian ambiance. Home to a popular luau, it offers a wide variety of gracious facilities including oceanfront pools, tennis, 18-holes of pristine golf nearby, a beach activities center, several restaurants and a poolside grill.
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Amenity Fee includes:
- Wellness Classes: Daily classes to be held (see resort activity sheet for details of times)
- Hawaiian Cultural Classes: Daily Classes to be held including, lau hala weaving, hula lessons and ukulele
- Hiu Wai (Traditional Hawaiian Cleaning) ritual at Sunrise on the beach
- In-Room Coffee: Enjoy a selection of signature Kona coffee and tea from the convenience of your guest room
- Internet Access: High speed internet wireless access in guest rooms and throughout the resort
- Phone Calls: Unlimited local and long-distance calls including up to 60 minutes of international calls per day
- Sunscreen and After Sun Lotion: Reef Safe and available at the resort pool area.
- Self-service 24-hour workplace: Complimentary boarding pass printing and copying services
- Spa Service Credit: $20.00 per room per stay at Alana Spa - Please note spa services must be reserved in advance at an additional charge
- Fitness Center: Daily access to the Fitness Facilities.
- Self-Guided Botanical Tour of the Royal Lahaina Resort
- Shuffleboard and Bocci Ball available oceanside of hotel
- Resort Shuttle Service: Ka’anapali trolley service to Whalers Village Shops/Restaurants and select Ka’anapali hotels
- Hawaiian Vintage Postcard per stay from the Royal Lahaina Trading Company
- Personalized Guest Messaging Service
- Refillable Water Bottle Stations
The fee amount, taxes, and inclusions are subject to change at any time without notice. The resort amenity fee is per room per night.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating6292 reviews
A Good Resort for a Maui Vacation
Check in was easy with a friendly staff. Stayed in a bungalow. It was clean and comfortable. Had a nice patio that overlooked the grounds and the ocean. For the price of the rooms not having daily housekeeping seems odd. The beach is easily accessible and was not crowded. Bring beach chairs. The resort only provides them for a charge which again for the price you pay to stay seems ridiculous. There are 2 pools. They stayed pretty crowded most days The resort charges a daily parking fee if you have a rental car. We stayed a week and the parking fees add up. This is a negative. The on-site luau was entertaining and the food was ok. It was a good experience but not necessarily worth the high cost. The resort is just a 10 minute drive to the shops,bars and restaurants on Front Street. We ate there every night Lots of variety and better value then the restaurant at the resort Check out was easy. The resort is about a 30 minute drive to the airport depending on traffic
Absolutely the Best Hotel in Maui
Wow where do I start, we’ve been coming to the Royal Lahaina Resort every year since 2008, sometimes twice a year. We have brought many family and friends with us to celebrate different milestones. We got to know the Food & Beverage Manager Ford Ushijima and now consider him as our Ohana (family) he is just Amazing! We have become friends with the entire staff there and they have always treated us as royalty! I could not stay anywhere else but here, as we consider the RLR our home away from home. If you’re planning a visit, please consider The Royal Lahaina, as you will not be disappointed. Mahalo
We were onsite during the natural disaster that occurred in Lahaina. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that all guests were comfortable during this time of uncertainty. The professionalism displayed was commendable.
No big Deal
Was ok in most ways, nothing special. Special BBq dinner very disappointing everything was bland nothing special ,unique taste etc. Can't believe route to pools and beach was through the dinning room, bad set up. NO shade at beach or pool, no tree share umbrellas etc.
You MUST Stay at the Royal Lahaina Resort- feeling of “Ohana”
“Ohana” that’s the epitome of our experience of amazing wedding rehearsal dinner, the feeling. Mahalo to Yvette of the hotel, Jason the Director of food and beverage and of course the one and only Ford from food and beverage. You made this so special for our entire family. There’s no place I would tell and advise people to stay - The Royal Lahaina. You make your guests feel at home and experience magic everyday. You made it hard for us to leave. Every tourist should stay at the Royal Lahaina resort. The feeling of ohana and love.