LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention attendees cannot book this property for their convention stay, they must book through the proper convention source. Convention attendees that violate this policy will be responsible for paying any higher rates upon arrival and may not be eligible for any promotional offerings.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed daily resort fee is charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out.
Hotel Mandatory hotel imposed resort fee inclusions:
• Bottled Water: Two complimentary locally-sourced bottles of water per room, per stay. Purified water stations also available in resort lobby
• Fitness Center: Daily access to Fit Waikiki Wellness Center.
• Hawaiian Cultural Classes: Classes includes Queen’s legacy tour, lei making, hula lessons and Hawaiian lessons
• Honolulu Museum of Art: Enjoy complimentary entry for two guests to the Honolulu Museum of Art when you show your guests room key, Reservations are quired by calling 808.532.8700
• In-Room Coffee: Enjoy a selection of signature ‘Alohilani coffee by Hawaiian paradise Coffee and tea from the convenience of your guest room
• Internet Access: Wireless high speed internet access in guest rooms and throughout the resort
• Local Newspaper: Available daily at Guest Services
• Oceanarium Educational Program: Conducted by the ‘Alohilani Oceanarium dive team. See daily event listing for details
• Parking: Pay for Self-Parking and be upgraded to Valet Parking service for the first night of our stay
• Phone Calls: Unlimited local calls and up to 60 minutes long distance/international telephone calls per day
• Portable Phone Charges: Available for use from Guest Services
• Self-service 24-hour workplace: Complimentary boarding pass printing and copying services
• Spa Service Credit: $20.00 per room per stay at Fit Waikiki. Please note spa services must be reserved. Contact 808.921.6171 for reservations.
• Surfboard Storage: Self-serve locking surfboard racks with unlimited use during your stay (subject to availability)
• Tennis Courts: Access to ‘Alohilani’s 9th floor rooftop tennis courts. Tennis equipment available at Fit Waikiki.
• Beach Candy: Guests can select from a wide range of items from Beach Candy store located at Twin Fin hotel located at 2570 Kalakaua Avenue to further enhance their beach and ocean experience. Each night of stay (with a fully paid resort fee) every guest room will receive 3 daily credits that can be applied towards rentals to include: Surfboards, Paddleboards, Beach Chairs, Umbrellas, Beach Toys and more! Guests reserve their rentals using their daily credits upon arrival to the resort. Other activities at Beach Candy such as Fitness Classes, Surf Lessons and more can be booked at an additional cost.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed fees may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current fee and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating2350 reviews
Staff that goes above and beyond!!
Amazing experience! Friendly staff (especially Cameron and his Bellman Team) that go above and beyond for you, and beautiful views that make you never want to leave. I came for a women's retreat and the location was perfect as well as the onsite classes and of course overall coziness of the rooms. The ladies loved it!
Hotel has gone downhill
We stayed here before in December and had a great experience, which is why us was extremely disappointing to see the room/hotel cleanliness and overall state of the hotel diminished. Our bathroom was not cleaned well with hair in the shower and on the floor, as well as a filthy bidet, which expelled a terrible odor from the fan. The entire floor smelled of mildew when we exited the elevator and was very pronounced in our room requiring us to open the balcony door often just to air it out. This is not a surface cleaning issue as much as the carpet on the entire floor needs to be replaced, as well as our room 725. The bidet also needs to be replaced. And the entire bathroom needs to be deep cleaned with bleach. Our other room in the least tower did not have the mildew odor but that tower had some problems with the elevators, which were not working at all one night. The room itself had a toilet that did not flush properly. The check in process was extremely slow. Yes, we did have two rooms but the process you use seemed to necessitate a lot of manual work which leads me to believe you need to update your hotel check in software to streamline this. There were many occasions during our stay where the check in line was absurdly long and slow. We had forgotten our key one day and needed to get a new one from the desk but the line was too long to get help. It is unacceptable to have such poor service at the front desk. The one shining light was in the Club. The service here is outstanding, just as it was on our last visit. All of the staff is warm, welcoming and competent. While I don’t think paying extra for the club is a good value, it was nice to have a great breakfast with such helpful staff each day. Our rooms were also not in the same tower and we were told by the front desk at check in, who also asked the manager, that it was impossible to change rooms because the hotel was booked Overall, I would never stay at this hotel again due to the dilapidated room conditions and poor overall service.
Stayed here as a family of four and with 2 grandparents as well. We all slept great and found the rooms to be clean and all staff very friendly. They let us check in early and we had a wonderful stay. I read A LOT of reviews and was fairly nervous about “mold, cockroaches, rundown rooms, noisy neighbors, unattentive staff.” None of that was a problem and I’d stay here again in a heartbeat. My kids had a blast staying here!
Was placed on 4th floor by an exit where people enter and exit at all hours from the pool above. People get so drunk here and act nuts. (Not family friendly) a woman fell from the 5th floor at the pool while we attended. There was mold in our room and with two toddlers the constant worry was there. Let’s just say we only stayed here to shower and sleep a few hours if at all from all the damn noise.
Best hotel in Waikiki!!
This is our go to hotel in Waikiki! We did a 1-night stay for our wedding anniversary and it was absolutely wonderful. Check in was quick, staff was friendly, our room was the perfect size for our family of four and waking up to the beautiful view of Diamond Head was a treat. The dining options on property are excellent so you don't need to go far. Pool side food and drinks were tasty, refreshing & QUICK. Most hotel pool service takes a while, not here. Food was fast and hot. The Longboard Club is worth it; so do it! Hot breakfast, acai's bowls, coffee, tea, etc. I highly recommend 'Alohilani Resort!