COVID-19 TEST Requirements
Last updated on January 5, 2022
We are sharing the information we have at this time and are closely monitoring the situation – this page will be updated as new information is received. We are also working with hotel suppliers, destinations and transportation services to ensure this latest travel update is managed seamlessly and will communicate where testing is available.
Information About CDC Testing Requirements
According to the CDC, air passengers entering the U.S. will be required to present documentation of a negative COVID-19 viral test (called a Qualifying Test) conducted within the 1 day before their flight to the U.S. departs.
- Documentation should be for a viral test as approved or authorized by the relevant national authority.
- Test results must state: Negative, SARS-CoV2 RNA Not Detected, SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Not Detected, or COVID-19 Not Detected.
- Documentation may be paper or electronic copy and must include the name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test.
- Test results may be required to be shown again upon landing.
Alternatively, passengers may provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 with documentation of test results conducted during the three months preceding the flight’s departure from a foreign country.
- Test results must state: Positive, SARS-CoV2 RNA Detected, SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Detected, or COVID-19 Detected. Invalid will not be accepted.
- Additionally, a letter from a licensed health professional stating that the passenger has been cleared for travel (called Documentation of Recovery).
Finally, all airline passengers will be required to present a simple CDC attestation form to the airline for collection prior to boarding. That form can be found here for reference.
For more information, you may reference the FAQs on the CDC website.
Change and Cancellation Policy
We are waiving all United Vacations change fees, but you may be subject to airline or resort penalties. Please review our cancellation and change policy for more information.
If you would like to cancel your vacation for a Future Travel Credit, all you need to do is:
Visit the Retrieve Reservation page and locate your booking information.
- Cancel your reservation.
- When you are ready to rebook, contact United Vacations at 888-558-6654 and have your original reservation available for reference.
- For quicker service, please have new travel dates in mind when you call to rebook. Simply search our package options and find a new hotel and flight option that fit your needs.
If you want to keep your current travel plans, then happy travels you! We hope a getaway can set your mind at ease considering current circumstances. If there’s a change with your resort and/or destination, we will reach out to you with further information.
As travel opens up around the world, all destinations, airports, air carriers, hotels, restaurants, transfer companies, car rental companies, shops and excursions have established COVID-19 safety measures and precautions which may change from day to day. These safety measures may include but are not limited to curfews, attraction closings and reduced hours, size of group gatherings, social distancing requirements, health screenings and self-quarantine requirements. In addition, you must follow CDC guidelines and the recommendations of health officials. Please note that any public location where people have been or are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and United Vacations cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your vacation. By traveling, you agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with your vacation. Any and all additional costs will be your sole responsibility.