How does the Kilauea volcano affect your travel plans?
The short answer — it shouldn’t. Every island and resort United Vacations® books with remain open and unaffected. The Kilauea volcano has touched a small area on the eastern end of Hawaii’s Big Island (as seen in the map below), but travel and activities throughout Hawaii continue safely and unencumbered.
Have more specific questions? We’d love to help. Contact a United Vacations representative at 1-888-854-3899.
Ready to plan your next Hawaiian vacation? Book now using promocode HAWSALE10 to save up to $350.1
According to the Hawaiian Tourism Authority:
- Volcanic activity is contained to a remote 10-square-mile area on the eastern end of Hawaii’s Big Island.
- All flights to Kona and Hilo remain open.
- Air quality remains largely unchanged, except near where the lava is flowing.
- Nearly all attractions and accommodations are operating normally, except a precautionary closure of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
We’re finding the best Flights and Hotels for your vacation now
- The primary cardmember and one companion on the same reservation will also receive their first standard checked bag free on United-operated flights when purchasing tickets with their United Explorer Card.*
- United Explorer Cardmembers will earn 2 miles for each $1 spent on United Vacation purchases.**
* FREE CHECKED BAG: The primary cardmember and one traveling companion on the same reservation are each eligible to receive their first standard checked bag free; authorized users are only eligible if they are on the same reservation as the primary cardmember. To receive first standard checked bag free, the primary cardmember must include their MileagePlus® number in their reservation and use their United Explorer Card to purchase their ticket(s). First standard checked bag free is only available on United- and United Express-operated flights; codeshare partner-operated flights are not eligible. Service charges for additional/oversized/overweight bags may apply. Members who are already exempt from other checked baggage service charges will not receive an additional free standard checked bag. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits. For more information, please visit united.com/chasebag
** You, as the primary cardmember, will earn a total of 1 mile for each $1 of net purchases. You will earn an additional 1 mile for each $1 of net purchases (for a total of 2 miles) where United is identified as the merchant on your monthly credit card statement. Therefore, United purchases on some discount travel websites and on board will not qualify for the stated rewards offer. ("Net purchases" are purchases of goods and services made by you or any authorized user on your account minus any returns or refunds, and do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) There is no maximum number of miles that you can accumulate in the program. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations for details.
Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for the provision of or the failure to provide the promotional offers. Miles will post directly to your United MileagePlus account and will not appear on your Chase statement.
1Promo code HAWSALE10 is valid for travel 6/7/18 - 5/31/19 for air/hotel packages to Hawaii, 5-night minimum stay required. Save up to $350 per reservation based on a 2% discount on the hotel portion of the vacation. Valid on new bookings made between 6 pm CST on 6/7/18 and 6 pm CST on 6/28/18. Must enter promo code HAWSALE10 at time of booking.