General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort fee inclusions:
• Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
• Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
• In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
• Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
• Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
• 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
• 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
• 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
• 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
• 20% off Waikiki Beach Activities for Elite Beach Package Rental, which includes: Two (2) chaise loungers, one (1) beach umbrella, lemon water spritz, water service and reef-safe sun block at the beach stand, and use of boogie boards, tubes, and rafts (based on availability and first come, first service. Guests must visit the Waikiki Beach Activities stand at the Super Pool to reserve and purchase this discounted package.
• Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
• Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change at any time. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating19487 reviews
We arrived late, like 11:30pm late, and everyone at the check in was so friendly. We dealt with Karlyn and she was amazing. We had booked 2 rooms with one being accessible and she worked to get us as close to each other as possible. She was amazing! Then we got to the room and it was accessible but not a roll in shower so we texted the number and went to bed. By the time we woke up a new room was ready with the proper shower. After that any staff member we came into contact with was happy, polite and so very helpful. The rooms in the Tapa Tower were clean and newly renovated. All in all I would definitely come back again!
You can't go wrong staying here.
Had a great time there. Lots of pools although I never used them. I used the outdoor hot tub at the Khalil Tower on the 4th floor. This is an adult only jacuzzi and anyone staying in the Hilton Hawaiian village can go up and use it. You do not have to have a room key to go up on the elevator or to enter the jacuzzi at pool area. It closes at 6:00 p.m. there was lots of shops and a good variety of restaurants on premise. You could actually spend your entire vacation on property and never leave. Most of the restaurants in the area are on site. You have to go further down Waikiki to get to the busy district with lots of hotels, shops and restaurants. You can buy an all-day pass to ride the pink trolley for $5 per person. The pink trolley goes to a lot of areas with shopping and restaurants. It stops at the shopping center and many people used to go to the Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart in downtown by the mall will close permanently at the end of March 2023.
Hilton Hawaiian Resort was awesome!
The staff were great. Loved the resort and it’s location is excellent. Keep in mind this is a family resort with a lot of kids. If you want peace and tranquility… might want something else? My kid bounced around from the lagoon to the ocean beaches. Food and drinks are expensive- it is Hawaii remember? The ABC Stores will be your best friend! This resort has absolutely everything on site although it is also easy to go out venturing too!
Pleasant stay and great location
We arrived early and thankfully had pre-checked using the Hilton Honors App. We were assigned a room in the Rainbow Tower on the 30th Floor. While the view was magnificent, the room itself was dated, sub-par and in need of a remodel. The staff were very helpful (and always friendly), understanding, and allowed us to view an available room in the Tapa Tower before allowing us to relocate. That room was modern and recently updated. That along with the partial ocean and mountain views made the remainder of the vacation very enjoyable. There are many options for dining and drinks and the beach is mere steps away. We did not use the pools however they always appeared to be busy. There are two ABC shops on the property as well and many other shops and even a US Post Office (if needed). You can walk down the beach path towards downtown Waikiki easily and safely at all hours and enjoy the breathtaking views. Keep in mind that this is a large property and can seem crowded at times. Overall, minus the original room assignment, it was a pleasant stay.
Avoid the 3rd floor
We booked into the Rainbow Tower here in March. The location is great but the room they gave us was not great. We were given room R309 which is directly above the restaurant, because of this there was a large flat roof beside our balcony which was full of birds. The bird crap was everywhere, on our chairs, table, windows and all over the balcony which made it unusable. We were greeted dozens of seabirds and pigeons on arrival and it did not help that guests on upper floors were throwing food down to feed them. We complained about the room but were told no other rooms were available due to the hotel being overbooked it turns out overbooking is carried out on a regular basis. We were told we had to wait for 2 days before a new room was available making the balcony in our $750 per night room unusable. We were moved to the 20th floor after 2 days and we complained so much that we were refunded our resort fees for the 8 days we were there totalling $400. Although the refund was welcomed our first 2 days were not great. Do not accept a room on the 3rd floor facing the ocean/diamond head unless you want to put uo with bird crap. Once we were moved we had a great 6 days here.