Secrets St. James Montego Bay presents guests with a peaceful, relaxing oceanfront setting surrounded by the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. The resort’s classic décor and echo the sophistication of the island's British colonial era with sumptuous suites and the ultimate in amenities with the Unlimited-Luxury® of gourmet restaurants, bars and lounges, and the paradise of Secrets Spa by Pevonia®. For those wishing to turn up the excitement, there’s the Secret’s Wild Orchid Montego Bay Resort right next door with its welcoming Jamaican vibe.
UNIQUE SELLING POINTS
• AAA Four Diamond award-winning resort since 2011
• Just 15 minutes from Montego Bay International Airport
• Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
• Luxurious all-suite resort with a British Colonial design featuring stunning ocean and ocean front views
• Romantically inclined, reserved, yet relaxing atmosphere
• Free-flow access for guests to Secrets Wild Orchid’s facilities next-door
• Butler service is available for all room categories*
Guests staying in the Preferred Club Swim Out or higher room category will receive personalized butler service at no extra cost. Guests staying in Junior Suites and Preferred Club Junior Suites can purchase the butler service for an additional cost.
• Promenade between both resorts featuring shops, restaurants, piano bar, theatre, game lounge and more
• Authentic Jamaican jerk chicken & beef patty carts at the beach and pool daily
• Boasts a 300-yard dedicated beach area with calm water that’s perfect for swimming, snorkeling and water sports
• Guests have access to the resort’s private catamaran (additional costs may apply)
• Recently enhanced spa featuring unique spa cabins, a yoga garden and more
• One of two Secrets Resorts & Spas in Montego Bay
• Features 3 Wedding Gazebos, 2 of which are on the piers overlooking pristine waters
• Boasts a state-of-the-art convention center, approximately 10,000 sq. ft.
• Located within close proximity of 5 major championship golf courses, 3 of which are world-renowned
• Situated near Montego Bay’s famous “Hip Strip” and other local points of interest
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - Spring Breakers are not permitted at this Hotel. A student group consist of those that travel without parent or a responsible adult in each room. This could refer to but not limited to high school or college students booking multiple rooms. The hotel reserves the right to deny lodging to any reservation of this type.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- No Show Penalty: 100% of balance due Applies: Sunday - Saturday 05May16 - 31Dec50
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating9501 reviews
Can you find a sun lounger at this Resort!
If you want a Sunbed/lounger/chair at this resort you need to be an early riser. All reserved with a towel by 7:45am. What is frustrating is they then go hours unoccupied, depriving other guests. The resort management are aware of the issue but don’t seem to be doing anything about it. Such a shame.
Excellent food and top notch accommodations. I really liked that the restaurants did not require reservations...it made it so much easier and if you had to wait to be seated, you could relax and enjoy the live entertainment at the piano bar.
Another wonderful week at Secrets St. James Montego Bay. Overall a great time, good food, amazingly great staff and service. Weather was sublime, beach was clean and well maintained. Pools were sparkling clean.
Average at best.
If you want to experience Jamaica, stay somewhere else. If you want to be in Jamaica, stay here. This hotel is average as best. There is nothing extraordinary about this resort. They almost go out the way to make it a western hotel.
I thought I read all of the reviews on every site before booking this resort but should have looked further. The amount I paid for this resort and the preferred club did not deliver and we always upgrade to club level. 3 resorts share the same amenities so I hope you are never hungry! In the preferred club I expected top shelf liquors at all bars, food delivered pool side and champagne in the room if requested, all of these are a no go. The pools are not heated and the beach had too many jelly fish and sting ray to swim so we were out of luck on any water. Our deck hot tub did not work either. We are early risers so it was not an issue for us but beach chairs are a hot commodity at 7am and they don't police the non preferred club people. It might be worth it for you, just read up first!!